With tickets for the Hunter Defence Conference 2021 (22-23 April) now on sale, everyone involved is busy behind the scenes
finalising the agenda.
As well as updates from the Hon. Melissa Price, Minister of Defence Industry and the Hon Stuart Ayres, NSW Minister for Jobs, Investment & Tourism (W. Sydney), here are some additional speakers and topics you can expect from this premium two-day event:
Day One – Skilling Your Workforce to be Defence-Ready Symposium
- NSW Defence Structure and Opportunities - Keynote The Hon. Stuart Ayres MP
- Regional data and skills gap analysis - RDA Hunter
- Lockheed Martin Australia – Skills requirements (current and future)
- Bae Systems Australia and Jetstar – Workforce transition to defence
- RAAF Base WLM – Defence + defence industry regional partnerships
Day Two – Force Structure Update and Integrated Investment Plan Opportunities
- Mr Martin Halloran – CASG review and way forward in supporting industry
- Mr Peter Sawczak – Australian Defence Export and Policy
- Mr Pat Sowry – Defence Infrastructure
- Dr Peter Cock – Astra Aerolab Precinct
- Mr Daryl Hunter – Lockheed Martin Australia - Way forward regional footprint
- Mr Darryn Fletcher – Boeing Defence Australia – Way forward in the region
- Ms Effy Pantechis – Navantia – Contract opportunities for Australian industry
Other highlights include a presentation of student projects from RDA Hunter’s STEM Defence + Innovation, a session on skilling for recovery/NSW defence industry training by Training Services NSW Hunter, and an address on promoting diversity in defence (Day One).
There will also be capability development presentations by speakers for land, maritime, cyber and space industries (Day Two). And let’s not forget the Gala Dinner on the evening of the 22 April. As well as speeches by Tim Owen and the Hon Melissa Price, the night will be a great chance to network with others in the industry.
This is a sold out event!