The Australian Industry and Defence Network Incorporated (AIDN) NSW, Hunter Defence and Goal Group have teamed to deliver a seminar for businesses that are seeking opportunities in the Defence market.
Defence Tendering 101
The seminar, Defence Tendering 101, will be delivered by an exceptionally experienced presenter with over two decades of front-line Defence tendering and project implementation experience in Australia’s Defence Industry. The seminar provides valuable information to help aspiring businesses prepare for their first Defence tender or new information to help further develop their current tendering processes.
This seminar will cover:
- Developing the Project Capture Plan – including stakeholder map and engagement plan, competitor analysis, Key Issues Analysis and Win Themes;
- Essential elements of an ASDEFCON tender response;
- Developing the Tender Response Timeline/Process including reviews;
- Understanding the necessary positions in a tender team – including Bid Director, Solution Architect, Bid Manager, Book Manager;
- Understanding how long it will take to develop each response, the size of the team required, and the likely cost – a shoestring budget will waste your time and whatever money you do spend;
- Development of the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Dictionary for the project being tendered – and the What, Why, When, Who and How for each Work Element
- Traps in responses – the ‘Bid Diamond’, lack of ‘Proofs’, focusing on yourselves rather than the customer;
- Compliance to the Conditions of Contract, Statement of Work and Functional Performance Specification/s (for Acquisition projects);
- Matching responses to the Assessment Criteria;
- How to write a compelling Executive Summary; and
- Cost Estimating and Pricing the response – ‘Open Book’ and cost investigation.
Stewart Barr is the Managing Director and Principal Consultant of Stewart Barr and Associates Pty Ltd. Stewart is a graduate of the Royal Military College – Duntroon, the Royal Military College of Science – Shrivenham UK, Australian Command and Staff Course, and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of NSW, and an MBA from Deakin University. Stewart had 21 years in the Australian Regular Army, and has either worked on or bid managed over 60 medium to large Defence tenders or implemented the resultant contract over the last 20 years – for companies such as Thales, Oshkosh Truck, Eurocopter, KBR, UGL, Babcock, Naval Ship Management (Australia), Qantas Defence Services (now Northrop Grumman Australia – Technology Services), General Dynamics Land Systems, MOWAG, Rolls-Royce, Supacat, ECLIPS and Palantir.
Connect with Stewart on LinkedIn
Presented by Hunter Defence, AIDN NSW (Australian Industry & Defence Network – NSW Incorporated) and Goal Group.
Hunter Defence Task Force acknowledges the commitment of the NSW Government, HunterNet, Hunter Business Chamber, RDA – Hunter, AiG, AIDN, ICN, Goal Group, University of Newcastle and Hunter TAFE in the cooperative development of the Defence Readiness series of seminars for SMEs.