A half day seminar that will build knowledge and organisational capacity to understand the requirements for managing security risks and meeting the initial and ongoing requirements of DISP membership.
The Department of Defence (Defence) requires any Industry Entities to hold an appropriate level of DISP membership when working on sensitive or classified information or assets; storing or transporting Defence weapons or explosive ordnance; providing security services for Defence bases and facilities; or as a result of a Defence business requirement.
DISP membership is also encouraged for those wishing to supply goods and services to Defence and other government entities (either Australian or foreign).
Industry Entities can self-nominate to join DISP independently of having a contract with Defence.
The seminar will cover the following:
- An overview of the DISP;
- Eligibility requirements for businesses wishing to obtain DISP membership;
- Suitability requirements for businesses wishing to obtain DISP membership;
- Description and summary of Security Governance requirements;
- Description and summary of Physical Security;
- Description and summary of Personnel Security;
- Description and summary of Information/Cyber Security;
- Ongoing suitability requirements for businesses wishing to maintain DISP membership; and
- Where to locate further information or advice.
Presented by Hunter Defence, AIDN NSW (Australian Industry & Defence Network – NSW Incorporated) and Goal Group.
Hunter Defence Task Force acknowledges the commitment of the NSW Government, HunterNet, Hunter Business Chamber, RDA - Hunter, AiG, AIDN, ICN, Goal Group, University of Newcastle and Hunter TAFE in the cooperative development of the Defence Readiness series of seminars for SMEs.