This Seminar will build knowledge of how Custodial Information Security can provide crucial insight into the risks associated with having custody of the Controlled, Unclassified Information necessary to participate in Defence contract work.
The Seminar will address the following:
- Why are data breaches still occurring;
- What is People Centric Security (PCS) and what security does it offer;
- What is Data Centric Security (DCS) and what does it offer;
- How PCS and DCS provide the foundations of Custodial Information Security;
- How Custodial Information Security lies at the heart of NIST SP800-171 and other regulatory controls;
- The difference between Mechanistic (Software) Controls and Cultural (People Driven) Controls;
- Encryption, why it matters, and how all encryption isn’t created equally; and
- How your organisation can begin to move toward a more compliant security posture.
Presented by Hunter Defence, AIDN NSW (Australian Industry & Defence Network – NSW Incorporated) and Goal Group.
Hunter Defence Task Force acknowledges the commitment of the NSW Government, HunterNet, Hunter Business Chamber, RDA - Hunter, AiG, AIDN, ICN, Goal Group, University of Newcastle and Hunter TAFE in the cooperative development of the Defence Readiness series of seminars for SMEs.