This seminar will introduce attendees to the additional ISO requirements they face when dealing directly with Defence primes, tier 1 Defence customers, and Capability and Sustainment Group (CASG).
The seminar will cover the following topics:
- Best Practices in Project Management - ISO 10006 Guidelines for Quality in Project Management including PMBOK and PRINCE2 disciplines;
- Functional Form, Fit, and Function - ISO 10007 Configuration Management including process interfaces to deliver products, components, systems and modules configured to Technical and Material Requirements and Specifications;
- Certified Information Security Capability - ISO 27001 Information Security Management System Standard including integration of Cyber Security, ITAR, EAR, Export Control and Technology Control Plans and Conformance;
- Risk Based Mindset and Thinking - ISO 31000 / 31010 Risk Management Principles, Guidelines, Framework and Techniques for strengthening risk-based thinking in ISO management system accredited system certifications;
- Best Practice Asset Management Practices - ISO 55001 Asset Management System Standard and an International Criteria for self-assessing asset management policies, processes and practices for improved asset utilisation
- Integrating Defence, ISO and non-ISO Management Systems - Aerospace Quality Group and Supply Chain Management guidance and the ISO Integrated Use of Management System Standards 2nd edition handbooks;
- Building Customer / Supplier Collaborations - ISO 44001 Collaboration Management System Standards is timely for Defence Suppliers and provide best practices to customer/supplier interfaces through process based systems; and,
- Selecting and Sustaining Improvement Methodologies – continual improvements must be taken from suppliers processes, that are both strategically and operationally effective and efficient, to sustain the changes expected.
Presented by Hunter Defence, AIDN NSW (Australian Industry & Defence Network – NSW Incorporated) and Goal Group.
Hunter Defence Task Force acknowledges the commitment of the NSW Government, HunterNet, Hunter Business Chamber, RDA - Hunter, AiG, AIDN, ICN, Goal Group, University of Newcastle and Hunter TAFE in the cooperative development of the Defence Readiness series of seminars for SMEs.